Friday, April 17, 2009

Unplugged and Composting

I spent the last few days "unplugged", no internet, no TV. It was actually quite refreshing and relaxing. It helped me refocus on the many projects I have going. I got some boxes unpacked, more of my garden turned, and some much needed knitting done.
I also took advantage of the beautiful weather to put together my compost bin. I built it out of some pallets donated by my stepdad, a bit of baling wire, and a few bungee cords. It's huge! I'm so glad to be able to compost again. I grew up in a household that composted, but this is the first place I've lived since I moved out where I've been able to do it myself. I'm currently using a large yogurt container to collect kitchen scraps. Now all I have to do is get my husband and stepson used to the idea. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment